my email address: yvonnelau78@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What is the Montessori Method?

Lilbeans has adopted the Montessori method of education, especially for the three and four year olds. Hence, I think that it'll be relevant to share some insignts on the Montessori method of education here.

Before I proceed, however, I must say that we do not adopt this method 100% as we need to cater to the needs of the Malaysian education system as well as the changing times. One thing for sure, we want the children in Lilbeans to enjoy learning in fun, engaging and purposeful ways! Wow, that's a mouthful. That's why we have incorporated the Thematic Approach as well as a new concept The Reggio Emilia way as well.

If you read the link on the Montessori method from wikipedia, there are a few principles that are important in a Montessori school.

(sorry, I'll leave my post now - urgent matter cropped up. Will continue after the Christmas holidays)

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy 2010 to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment